Lessons from Jocko Podcast #6 - With Echo Charles | Napoleon | Aggression | Mind Control
- Napoleon fought more battles than Alexander, Hannibal and Caesar combined. He is without any doubt the greatest of European soldiers. He astounded his opponents by the crushing rapidity of his battles. He used mobility, quickness and pace to dictate how the battles were going to go.
- Napoleon was a master of the flank. I’m going to do an assault. You’ll be paying attention to that. And then from the rear or side or somewhere you are not expecting you are getting submitted.
- The way people act. The way humans respond to combat situations doesn’t change.
- When you have at once undertaken the offensive it should be maintained until the last extremity. That’s commitment.
- A common thread that we talk about: being on the offensive is good. It’s always better than being on the defensive.
- The first quality of a soldier is constancy in enduring fatigue and hardship. The second is courage. Poverty, privation and want are the school of the good soldier 🤔
- If you look at all the elite military schools they are about being hungry, cold, tired, miserable.
- Nothing is more important in war than unity in command. One army, acting on one line, led by one commander.
- How many things apparently impossible have nevertheless been performed by resolute men who had no alternative but death?
- To have quitting as an option is not smart.
- A mark of someone that can lead well: someone that can take complex ideas, simplify them, and communicate them in a simple manner.
- You are showing you can’t control your temper. If you can’t control than what can you control?
- How do I stop doing X? Stop doing X. How can I start doing Y? Start doing Y (mind control)
Project Gutenberg offers over 57,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. You will find the world's great literature here, with focus on older works for which copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.